When I eat out I want it to be special, consequently I don?t eat out often. You could have seen the advice on how exactly to shave calories at restaurants but really, do you need to pay high restaurant prices for undressed salads and plain steamed vegetables? If not, how then can you solve the dilemma of way too many calories when you eat out?
Here are seven tips for getting the calories out of restaurant meals while still ordering your favorites.
1. Say NO to super sizing. The size you ordered is already too large. Stop super sizing and you also?ll save money. Better still, order one dinner and ask for a supplementary plate. Many restaurants will do this for a dollar or two, and it?s really worth it. Then share the meal together with your friend and you split the cost straight down the middle. Another option is to order from the so called ?appetizer? menu. Two people could order three entrees, one dessert and split the whole lot and it?s still a ton of food!
2. Miss the bread and rolls. Many family restaurants still serve a bread basket together with your meal. Unless it?s a brand new baked loaf or some really special bread, just skip it. You don?t need to fill on ordinary bread once you?re paying good money for meals. Just require it to be taken away if you can?t resist, but in all honesty, you?re an adult, you can resist, if you need to. You can simply choose not to put a roll on your plate. Try it, only once and see if you don?t walk out of this restaurant feeling strangely powerful.
If you can?t skip the rolls, at least skip the butter. That?s right. Eat it plain. Wholegrain bread is delicious simply by itself.
3. Stop Ordering Drinks. Carbonated drinks are a huge cash cow for restaurants. For pennies they sell you a squirt of syrup and carbonated water and act like they?re doing you a big favor by only charging you $1.29 for a huge 64 ounce soda. Start saving those dollars. Particularly if you?re ordering ?to go? miss the drink. If you?re eating it there, ask for water, or at least switch to diet drinks. Never drink ?fat pop.?
4. Slow Down You Eat Too Fast! What?s the rush? Take Peinture sur céramique , savor the moment, benefit from the flavors. A big part of getting in touch with your hunger signals and learning to eat what really will satisfy is learning to recognize the subtle signs of hunger. You won?t know once you?re approaching satisfaction if you?ve gobbled everything down in 5 minutes. Have a bite then notice just how many times do you chew before you begin attempting to swallow? Once, twice? Try to chew your food as well as your body will be notably happier. A very large part of digestion begins in the mouth area, not to mention you?ll get much more pleasure if you let the food linger.
5. Trim Visible Fat and Skin. I know, you really love the skin?needless to say you do, it tastes good, it will, it?s pure fat. Do you want to get leaner, or would you like to eat fat? You choose. I never eat chicken skin and never eat the visible fat hanging off a steak, good taste or no. You have to decide what you would like more, the second?s worth of pleasure of a yummy taste, or perhaps a lifetime of carrying around an extra 40 lbs? I know that is counter to the low carb crowd?s belief that fat is good, carbs are evil, but I?ve maintained an 80 pound weight reduction for 18 years without dieting and I don?t eat visible fat or skin. Enough said.
6. Ask for a Doggie Bag at the start of Meal. Once the food is served, immediately portion off some to collect for tomorrow. Most restaurants in america serve way too much. There is no law you should eat it all. Do that frequently and soon you?ll find you?re getting an extra lunch out of this meal.
7. Get a copy of Restaurant Confidential by Michael F. Jacobson and Jayne Hurley, and begin checking out just how many calories you?re really eating. In the event that you eat out frequently and you carry extra weight, then that?s probably the problem right there. This little book will help you realize why it appears you don?t eat that much yet it is possible to?t lose any weight. Hardees recently introduced a new burger that clocks in at just under 1200 calories simply by itself! Given that?s frightening.
If you actually want to get a handle on your bodyweight problem, look first to where you eat, second at what you eat, and third just how much you eat. Where, What and How Much? Try these steps choosing one tip at a time, and see how easily it is possible to take a few of the calories out of restaurant food.