When I eat out I want it to be special, consequently I don?t eat out often. You might have seen the advice on how to shave calories at restaurants but really, do you need to pay high restaurant prices for undressed salads and plain steamed vegetables? If not, how then is it possible to solve the dilemma of way too many calories once you eat out?
Here are seven tips for obtaining the calories out of restaurant meals while still ordering your favorites.
1. Say NO to super sizing. The size you ordered has already been too large. Stop super sizing and you also?ll save money. On top of that, order one dinner and have for an extra plate. Many restaurants can do this for a dollar or two, and it?s well worth it. Then share the meal with your friend and you split the price straight down the center. Coiffeuse is to order from the so called ?appetizer? menu. Two people could order three entrees, one dessert and split the whole lot and it?s still a ton of food!
2. Skip the bread and rolls. Many family restaurants still serve a bread basket together with your meal. Unless it?s a brand new baked loaf or some really special bread, just skip it. You don?t have to fill on ordinary bread once you?re paying good money for meals. Just ask for it to be taken away when you can?t resist, but frankly, you?re an adult, you can resist, if you need to. You can simply choose not to put a roll on your plate. Try it, just once and see if you don?t walk out of this restaurant feeling strangely powerful.
If you can?t miss the rolls, at least skip the butter. That?s right. Eat it plain. Wholegrain bread is delicious all by itself.
3. Stop Ordering Drinks. Carbonated drinks certainly are a huge cash cow for restaurants. For pennies they sell you a squirt of syrup and carbonated water and act like they?re doing you a large favor by only charging you $1.29 for a giant 64 ounce soda. Start saving those dollars. Especially if you?re ordering ?to go? skip the drink. If you?re consuming it there, require water, or at the very least switch to diet drinks. Never drink ?fat pop.?
4. Slow Down You Eat Too Fast! What?s the rush? Take your time, savor the moment, benefit from the flavors. A big section of getting in touch with your hunger signals and understanding how to eat what really will satisfy is understanding how to recognize the subtle signs of hunger. You won?t know once you?re approaching satisfaction in the event that you?ve gobbled everything down in 5 minutes. Take a bite then notice just how many times do you chew before you begin wanting to swallow? Once, twice? Make an effort to chew your food and your body will be notably happier. A very large part of digestion begins in the mouth area, not forgetting you?ll get a lot more pleasure if you let the food linger.
5. Trim Visible Fat and Skin. I understand, you really love your skin?needless to say you do, it tastes good, it should, it?s pure fat. Do you wish to get leaner, or would you like to eat fat? You choose. I never eat chicken skin rather than eat the visible fat hanging off a steak, good taste or no. You should decide what you want more, the second?s worth of pleasure of a yummy taste, or perhaps a lifetime of carrying around an extra 40 lbs? I know that is counter to the reduced carb crowd?s belief that fat is good, carbs are evil, but I?ve maintained an 80 pound weight reduction for 18 years without dieting and I don?t eat visible fat or skin. Enough said.
6. Require a Doggie Bag at the start of Meal. Once the food is served, immediately portion off some to take home for tomorrow. Most restaurants in america serve way too much. There is absolutely no law you must eat it all. Do that frequently and soon you?ll find you?re getting a supplementary lunch out of this meal.
7. Get a copy of Restaurant Confidential by Michael F. Jacobson and Jayne Hurley, and begin checking out just how many calories you?re really eating. If you eat out frequently and you carry additional weight, then that?s most likely the problem there. This little book will help you realize why it seems you don?t eat that much yet you can?t lose any weight. Hardees recently introduced a fresh burger that clocks in at just under 1200 calories all by itself! Now that?s frightening.
If you really want to get a handle on your weight problem, look first to where you eat, second at everything you eat, and third just how much you take in. Where, What and How Much? Try these steps choosing one tip at the same time, and see how easily you can take a number of the calories out of restaurant food.